schmitterschrier

Travel log for Schmitterschrier living in Central and South America and travel excursion to Central America South America and the Galapagos Islands.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Galapagos

The town is really kinda small. Its kinda like the image of a tiny beach town, plus tons of animals! I like it alright but it is kinda frustrating becuase there are no big supermarkets so food is limited, except in resturants which are delicious! Overall, I am happy with our house and the town. We have been teaching english three days a week for 3 hours in a smaller town 7 miles away, Bellavista. It is really fun. The kids are misbehaved at times, but overall they are all very fasinated in learning English. Teaching them is fun, and I think I might be interested in helping special needs children. I enjoy working with the children who casue issues, more then the perfect student. I think it is more challenging and rewarding. I dont think I would be a special ed teacher, but possibly a mental health sychiatrist. The beaches here are stunning. White sand, streched out for miles being plummled by waves is the typical beach. Lots of wildlife including, Iquanas, Sea Lions, Birds, Turtles, Dolphins and seals surround the islands. We are taking a trip to another island this weekend and I am definitly looking forward to that. We get to go horseback riding! I am thrilled! Only one month left here, and then on to Chile. Definitly excited to get away from the heat, though I will miss the beaches and animals. Hope all is well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home