schmitterschrier

Travel log for Schmitterschrier living in Central and South America and travel excursion to Central America South America and the Galapagos Islands.

Monday, January 25, 2010

SUNBURNT!!!!

Hey Everyone!
With two weeks down in the Galapagos and we are to get used to the overwhelming heat. But, that does not mean were immune to sunburns. Treava, Noelle and I are all very sunburnt. However, my face is like a huge blow up balloon. My lips are puffy and my eyes are halfway sealed shut. Mom has been having fun "experimenting' on my face with mustard and vinegar. Apparently, its supposed to help sunburns. I really hope it works!! We are back to volunteering tommarow for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. On Friday we hope to go to another Island here, Isla Isabella. Isabella is known for its Flamingos and other wildlife. The wildlife here so far has mainly consisted of Turtles, Birds and Iguanas. I have never been a big bird fan, and Iguanas have got to be the ugliest creatures in the world.) Therefor, animals have not been to exciting for me yet. The beaches are gorgeous, though now that school is out very crowded. I am looking forward to private pools and lake in Chile. They are very big soccer players here, which would be very fun for Noelle and I but since its so hot, excersize is no fun. Volunteering has been a semi different experience from El Salvador. Kids misbehaved here, which is sad. We are not sure if the students are just taking advantage of us, or if they behave badly in school as well. Overall though, we have a decent class and they are enthusiastic about learning English. We have been incorperating alot of fun and games into English class becuase we have found that is what focuses them most. I do enjoy teaching most of the time, and am thinking about a career in special education or mental health counseling. But I'm only 13, so I have a while to decide! Well the computer is about to die! Got to go! Hope everything is good!

Vienna

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

What an adventure... and you are doing such a service for students. Sorry you are having some challenges... but I know you can handle it. Sorry too about the sunburn.

Missing you all....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home